Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pondering

It has been almost a month since I last posted here... I haven't been doing much writing as I have had no strength or motivation to do this...

The past month to month and a half has been ... well... tough to say the least.  I would definitely categorize it as a valley... probably more like the dried up river bed in the middle of the valley.  Definitely the closet thing that I have had to hitting rock bottom.  Anyway... at the moment after some medical advice and the body of Christ.coming along side... I am slowly but surely treking up the mountain again.  This visual imagery made me realize something in my pondering tonight...

When we go through a valley, the climb to get to the top again is even more spectacular because you are so thankful for the things you didn't see in the valley and the friends that come along side to join you in the journey! 

I am thinking of a trek up a mountain that I took not too long ago... walking up Mt. Sinai...standing at the bottom looking up.... it was daunting not knowing where to even start and where we were going to finish up... but with a local guide and friends by my side we started the journey.  As we started to ascend the views of the surrounding area was breathtaking... the way the sun and shadows played on the mountainous terrain... something I would not have seen had I stayed in the valley.  Yes the climb to the top was exhausting and for days after excruciating...  it was well worth each step that put us at the top to watch the sun set over the Sinai and realize that great Biblical characters walked here before me. 

God is truly teaching me that through Him ALL things are possible.  When we can't do it, He comes alongside and carries us through.  The body of Christ is supposed to work together and lift those members of the body up... my family here on Molokai has been amazing through this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment