Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Loved by the King

"For I am loved by the King and it makes my heart want to sing.  How can I keep from singing your praise... how can I ever say enough how amazing is your love."

Lately I have been working through a Bible study entitled "Falling in love with Jesus".  It is based on the premise that God loves us so much that he pursues us like a groom pursues his bride to be.  One of the verses that has really touched my heart...

"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save.  He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over your with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

God is truly might to save us out of the depths of despair... out of anxiety... out of depression... out of bad situations.  Sometimes he allows us to go through these situations so that we can truly see the need we have for a Savior. 

In this world that is dark and full of pain, we have a King that loves us... He rejoices over us with singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment