Friday, September 23, 2011

God opening doors

As I am sitting in HNL airport waiting for my flight to Seattle, I am pondering open doors.   So many of my thoughts lately have been on closed doors... doors that have to be deadbolted against my stubbornness.

When I first was offered this opportunity, I thought ok... if God opens the doors... I am game.  Then all hell broke loose in Egypt with the revolution on January 25th.  My first reaction was "surely God doesn't want me going into a war zone."  Then I just happened to look up tickets and found them for almost $2000.  Surely there is a better use for that $.

As the time passed, the fighting calmed, ticket prices dropped, and I had an overwhelming peace of this is what God's desire was.  He had truly opened the doors!

No comments:

Post a Comment