Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Home is where your heart is

"Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile.  Pray to the Lord for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper."  Jeremiah 29:7

Recently a dear man of God from our church family approached me at the airport as I was flying to Oahu for a conference.  He was very surprised to hear through coconut wireless that I had signed on to teach for another year.   I was surprised because after ten years this is home and it should go without saying. 

This comment did however get me thinking on how much I absolutely love this place where God has put me for such a time as this.  Eleven years ago when  I first came to Molokai, I would have never dreamed that this would become home.  As I read, Jeremiah 29:7 this morning, it hit me that God places us where he wants us for such a time as this.  Sometimes these moves aren't what we think they should be but God has called us to serve and pray for our community.  Just think of the mighty work Christ could truly do if we all prayed for our communities to prosper and have peace.

1 comment: