Monday, March 14, 2011

Breaking into singing...

While eating lunch with my little ones a week or so ago, I made the "mistake" of verbalizing the song on my heart with a "la la lalalala" (the chorus to Every Move I make).  I paused realizing I as singing outloud AGAIN and 12 little voices in unison echoed the song... to the point that all eating had stopped. OOPS!  I actually had to get up and flash the lights to remind them to finish their lunches. 

I was reminded of this as Beth Moore was talking about how the Psalms were songs and that singing is eternal.  Like it or not we will be singing the praises to God for all of eternity!  This makes my heart very happy as I love to sing to the Lord.  As Beth Moore states "Emotions and experiences can be expressed through song in ways spoken words can never satisfy."  Songs are the language that our soul understands and expresses back to God.  So if you are having a junk day turn on some praise music and sing before the LORD!  It is the best medicine for depression.

One last thought:  If we don't mean what we are singing... it is not worship.... IT IS JUST NOISE!

No comments:

Post a Comment