Saturday, February 26, 2011

Saturday morning Molokai Style

Lately, my Saturday mornings have been used to catch up on rest and housework.  Today, I had a list of things to get done which meant getting up at 8am and hitting the town!  If you have ever been to Molokai, you know that Kaunakakai is the major town on Molokai and if you blink, you will miss it!

So, first stop was the ballfield to catch a couple of tee-ball games.  Several of my little ones are playing tee-ball and since I can't seem to make it to an afternoon game, we decided Saturday morning would work the best!   After catching the tail end of Koda's game, I watched the first part of Keith and Sean's game.  It is super funny because this morning they were on opposing teams.  Sitting in the stands and listening to the parents and family members cheer on their keiki, reminded me of how nice it is to live in a small town.

Next stop, pick up Kripy Kreme doughnuts.  Now the only Krispy Kreme in the islands is on Maui.  They are a hot commodity on this island!  A major fundraiser for island organizations is to sell boxes.  I had made some birthday invitations for a preschool family and as a thank you she gave me a ticket to pick up a box of Krispy Kremes.  Unfortunately I am not a huge fan of the glazed doughnuts.  Partly because I made myself sick in high school by eatting more than half a dozen in one sitting.  The other reason is a co worker and I are in a bit of a challenge to get down to our ideal weights... doughnuts do not help!  My wonderful plan was to take them to a friend's baby shower on Sunday to share as the mother-to-be has been craving Krispy Kreme's her entire pregnancy.  I get home only to find out that she is in Oahu giving birth a month early.  Not to worry, I do have some friends that are willing to eat them for me!  :)

Last stop before heading home was by Friendly Market to pick up some fresh produce for a fruit and veggie tray.  Of course, had to stop and talk story with several friends!  Love the friendliness on the Friendly Isle of Molokai especially on a Saturday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment