Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Someone's in the kitchen with...

After some recent digestive issues and to make up for a coffee treat from Coffee's of Hawaii today I decided to experiment for dinner tonight. A couple of my kids had pizza and breadsticks for lunch and I was really desiring Pizza Cafe. The last few times of eating pizza from PC, it hasn't been pleasant with my digestive system so I decided to try a healthier option and we pray that all goes well in my tummy! :)

Had to stop by the Outpost and Friendly Market for a couple of items and this is what I came up with for dinner...

Veggie pizza- one for dinner, one for lunch tomorrow.... each has about 200 calories....

Ingredients- Ezekiel flat bread, 1 tbsp prego pasta sauce, grated zucchini, sliced tomatoes, and pressed fresh garlic.

Cooked in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes!

Outcome... (not comparing it to PC pizza because theirs is the best pizza on Molokai!) I give it an 8... the zucchini was still a little crunchy and had too much garlic (I used 2 cloves on each... oops!)

Overall this might become a new favorite dinner! Try it for yourself and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment