Sunday, June 20, 2010

Precious moments on this side of a closed door!

I simply love those precious moments when God allows us a glimpse of something that He has been working on for a while.

Several weeks ago, I blogged about all the doors that had been closing and how I was tempted to start opening them on my own. Today as I sat listening to Pastor Randy's message on "A Repentant Heart" and the heart of David after he had truly sinned against God... it hit me why God closes doors.

Just as gates are put up to keep children safe from the "unsafe" things outside... animals, cars, stairs, etc., God places closed doors in our lives. Looking back on certain doors that I was fighting against being closed... would I have made the best decisions if the door had not closed but I was told I couldn't have what was on the other side??? I would like to say I would have obeyed like a good child but knowing my strong will... I probably would have had to learn the hard way. God knows that about his stubborn daughter and to protect me from heartache he closed and locked that door.

Praise God that He is the alpha and the omega... a loving and just father who cares about the well-being of His children... He is also a gentleman that allows us the choice to obey His voice... He doesn't force what is right upon us. Just as David had several opportunities to make a choice to do what was right before God... we are given daily choices- to follow God or to not!

So with the door in front of me closed and locked for security purposes, I will turn around and make the choice to be content with what God has for me for such a time as this, trusting that in His time bigger and better doors will open. Oh just to trust and obey! The theme for 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment