Sunday, June 6, 2010

Press On

Pressing on in Jesus' Name!

I just listened to an amazing message from the book of Ruth on the character of Naomi. (See calvarymolokai.com to listen for yourself!) Naomi had some big mountains in her life... losing her husband and her sons in a foreign land. Then making the choice to move "home" with Ruth along side. Even though she was bitter she didn't take it out on those that were around her. She pressed on despite her circumstances and God used her in mighty ways.

Over this past week, in my quiet time with Him, I have been reminded of some things that God has said for my life. Some promises over the years that have yet to be fulfilled. And as always when God is doing an amazing work, the enemy is trying to come in and steal, kill, and destroy. With that said I have wrestled with "living up to my calling". If God really said that, then what have I done to keep it from happening? As I was praying and weeping this afternoon... that small quiet voice of the Lord reminded me... it's not about you... IT's ALL ABOUT MY GLORY!

Oh yeah... that's right... this life is not mine to do with as I please but to use for His glory. When challenges come barreling through the door, why do I try to solve it first, get knocked down and then resort to plan B: ask Jesus for help. HELLO??? When trouble comes knocking, I need to send Jesus to answer the door in the first place.

So with a good reminder to press on from the book of Ruth, I am ready to rest in the arms of my loving Jesus trusting that in His time He will fulfill His promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment