Monday, January 11, 2016

New day... new beginning!

Well it is Monday, January 11th... I am officially settling in to Southern California and today I started my new job at Christ Community Preschool in Laguna Hills.

I have been in California for just a few days after spending the holidays with my family in North Carolina.  I am adjusting to driving again after 2 years of using hired drivers and public transportation. (Thank the Lord for a great navigation system in my car!!! I can follow... turn left here!)  I am getting used to being back stateside again where most people speak a language that I understand... menus are in a language I can read... and being able to pick up the phone to chat with friends and family without trying to figure out how many hours they are ahead or behind ... or having to talk via a computer because I am internationally!

The question of the day is... how are you adjusting?... well now that I am over jet lag... I am hitting the ground running.  Working on getting paperwork done to be licensed in the state of California... scheduling meetings to get to know the board, elders, and staff... getting a health check and fingerprinting... along with all of the training that goes into taking over for a director that has been in this position for 40+ years.  Already planning a road trip to San Diego for the 3 day weekend coming up as well as making a list of all the other places nearby to explore.

So all in all... it is a new day of a new week in a new year... and the excitement is bubbling over for all of the new beginnings and adventures that I am sure to have!  Stay tuned!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment