Thursday, January 7, 2016

Modern day good samaritan

With so much negative posted... thought I would post my glimpse at a modern day good samaritan...

Last night I flew into California... where I am officially setting up residence.  Met up with some friends from Molokai and then Justin came to pick me up from their house.  As we were driving home in the rain... Justin noticed in his rearview mirror a dark car slide across the 4 lanes of interstate... headlights go into the air and then disappear down a dark embankment. 

Knowing the time of night as well as how dark it was... he was concerned that no one would find the car or driver.  So he went back to render aid.  There was a vehicle behind us that also saw what had happened and stopped as well and then a 3rd truck circled around and came back to check on the situation.  As the 3 guys walked down to check on the lady and call 911 I couldn't help but think of the good samaritan story.  Of all the cars whizzing by on the interstate... 3 good samaritans stopped to render aid in the rain.  They gave up the comforts of being warm, clean, and dry to assist someone in need.  This challenged my heart to be more aware of those in need around me and not be in such a hurry that I don't focus on others hurting around me.

In the end... the lady driving was ok... thankfully she was wearing her seatbelt so when her car rolled she didn't get too badly hurt.  The car is totalled but vehicles can be replaced... lives not so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment