Saturday, December 13, 2014

Chengdu or bust!


Made it to my final destination yesterday... my home city...Chengdu!  Home to pandas and spicy food!  May not be leaving China with any tastebuds at the rate I am going.

Left the hotel a little before 6am to walk to the metro to get to the airport with luggage in tow.  Made it to Hongqaio airport in about half an hour then checked in and found my way to the gate where we boarded and took off almost on time.  (Very unusual due to all the air traffic here in China. )

Landed in Chengdu around noon... was met by my Language Learning Director (LLD) Jeremy and Senior Foreign Trainer (SFT) Tracy.  We took a cab to Hong Pai Lou where the hotel is that I am staying at and the Disney center is literally a 10 minute walk.  Love the 10 minute commute!  Checked in the hotel and dropped my stuff off then Jeremy took me to the center and introduced me to everyone then on a walking tour of the area... good places to eat... the grocery store... good apartments to live in... etc.  Came back to the hotel and started getting settled in. 

The television in the room has 4 English stations... CNN, MTV, HBO, and Discovery channel.  I don't think I have ever been this excited to watch CNN in my life.  Slept really well as the bed is super comfortable.

Today met up with another FT (foreign trainer) that arrived last night and is staying at the hotel as well.  We had breakfast and  then wandered over to the center.  The center staff took us out to lunch then we went grocery shopping.

Currently I am sitting in the hotels laundry room waiting for my wash to dry.  First time I have actually used a washer since being in China... yes that means hand washing all my clothes for 5 weeks. 

Temperature wise I think it was getting up to 7 degrees c today... but I think this morning it was supposed to be 1!  Winter clothes... heavy coat... scarves... and boots... are all being put to great use!  This Hawaii girl is freezing!

Looks like I will be spending the holidays in a hotel but I am really close to numerous center staff and I have really nice accomodations.  It is a holiday in express.  :)  Feel free to write or send cards etc to the full address below.

迪士尼英语
成都市武侯区长城西一路53,55,57号
P.R. China 610000
 
Disney English (c/o Angela Calhoun)
No 53,55,57 First West Great Wall RD
Wuhou District Chengdu
P.R. China 610000

No comments:

Post a Comment