Sunday, September 23, 2012

What peace!

This morning as I was trying to get up to prepare for church and potluck afterward... it was a battle.  Not only was I tired but my head was pounding and my emotions were everywhere.  Throughout the morning I tried to suppress the emotions to get the needed things done until I realized I needed to spend my quiet time with Jesus.  As I was on my knees I admitted I couldn't do what God is calling me to do in my own strength.  I have so often failed when I try to do it on my own.  I realized how grateful I am that His mercies are new every morning.  As I prayed, I asked for His joy and peace in the midst of what He is calling me to do.  Not sure what all that calling looks like at this point but I do know that it is bigger than what I can handle on my own.  I was reminded that no matter what happens in the future God knows what it is and as long as I trust Him He will make it clear.  Along with that comes His joy and peace.

"What joy... what joy for those who's hope is in the name of the LORD.  What peace... what peace..."

No comments:

Post a Comment