Sunday, January 29, 2012

Answered prayer

Sometimes answered prayer doesn't look like we think it should. 

This morning during worship, one of my 4 year old preschoolers was sitting with me with hands lifted high as her little heart sang to the music.  As the time progressed, I felt her little body start to go limp as she was truly resting in the Lord on my shoulder. 

My heart was truly blessed as this small child slept on my shoulder.  God used the words of the songs to remind me that He is holy and He will give the desires of my heart.  This week has been expecially tough in my desire to be a wife and a mother. 

Yesterday I spent quality time with the love of my life but as the afternoon progressed and as I worked on a couple of diaper cakes for friends that are expecting, I wondered when my arms would carry a child of my own.  This morning God reminded me of that and assured me that even though this precious child didn't grow in my tummy, she did grow in my heart and for this season, I get to "mother" this baby.  My heart is filled with His amazing grace knowing that in His time all things will work according to his plan and purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment