Sunday, January 22, 2012

Holy Spirit Reign

How many times do we pray that the Holy Spirit would rain down in our lives but when those first drops start to fall we start looking for cover???

Recently a friend gave me a book by Priscilla Shirer entitled "One in a Million".  Ms. Shirer describes a time in her own life when she's out running with thunderclouds looming.  These remind her to pray for spiritual rain, so as she is running and praying, it starts pouring.  Instead of continuing forward in her jog she turns around and high tails it home.  Meanwhile the Holy Spirit speaks to her heart saying "This is what My people do Priscilla.  They pray for rain and when it pours they run back home."

This was convicting to my heart in a couple of areas... I am not a big fan of running in the rain... especially if it is cold!  I am what you may call a fair weather runner... clear, sunny, and between 60-80 degrees.  I don't run in the rain if I have my choice. 

Tying that to the spiritual, how many times have I called out that "rain" from God's hands... in the form of more of Him... his blessing... his protection... his love... his goodness... etc. but yet when he gets ready to pour, I am not ready to receive.  Therefore I rather run home rather than stand in His presence with arms high and lifted in anticipation of what He is pouring out!

Oh Holy Spirit rain in my live and may my heart be ready to receive it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment