Sunday, April 4, 2010

"Obedience is the very best thing"

Ever have a spiritual temper tantrum????

You know what I mean... when God is calling you to do something and you don't want to??? or.... God is closing a door (see previous post) and you keep wanting to open the door and walk through it to escape?

Why am I so stubborn not to listen to my heavenly Father? I almost feel like kicking myself! How many times in a day do I tell my preschoolers "obey the first time, every time, with a happy heart"? I can almost see my heavenly Father shaking His head saying... "My child listen to me... obey the first time, every time, with a happy heart."

I know what God is telling me but yet I want to argue.... "You must not really mean THAT." but that small still voice is saying - trust me.... obey me.... you know what is right!

ARGH!!!! At the moment, I would be lying if I said I was ready to obey... it would be closer to the truth if I said I want to spend some time crying and pouting about it. But just as with all temper tantrums... they just delay the inevitable.... OBEDIENCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment