Sunday, April 4, 2010

Before and working on....

I was reminded recently that life is a journey... the goal is to glorify God and never stop learning. As I look back over the past several years, I think how blessed I am for amazing friends and family that love me and encourage me to do what is right.

One thing that has always been a struggle for me is food. Three years ago I realized that it had become my god of choice... I turned to it when I was sad, upset, and angry... used it to celebrate... when I was tired and needed a pick me up... you get the picture. Anyway at that same time as you can well imagine, my body had ballooned into something that I wasn't happy about. Clothes were no longer fun to put on... shopping was horrendous. So a slow metamorphosis began to take place....

You see those commercials that say in 30 days you can go from this... to this... and the 2nd picture doesn't even resemble the person in the first. That was not my goal. Diets don't work! This has been a slow process but through a lot of prayer and hard work this has become a lifestyle change.

So before I go any further.... this is my "before" pict... definitely not one of my heaviest picts but what we will use as a reference point....

New Zealand 2006
After three years of eating better and exercising more, I have lost around 60 pounds and feel freer to do the things that God has called me to do. This second picture is my "working on" picture as the dr tells me I still have 20 - 30 more pounds to go. It is a slow and steady process but as the Tortoise learned in the story the Tortoise and the Hare.... Slow and steady wins the race!
My 30th birthday- 2009

I feel silly posting this for the "world" to see and couldn't bring myself to post actual numbers but some fb friends have been encouraged by my story and have kept me motivated to lose the rest. So I prayerfully write this with the intent to encourage you in whatever your struggle is... that with God all things are possible. Put Him first and he will lead, guide and direct your path.

1 comment:

  1. that's great angela!! it really is amazing when you can see and feel a difference. i'm glad you posted this...i'm sure it will be inspiring to others.

    ReplyDelete