Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Lady of Reckless Abandon

"That is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each others faith." Romans 1:12

Lord, may the faith that I live by be an encouragement to everyone that I meet.  Thank you for the friends that you have put into my life to encourage me.  People like Sybil that can relate to some of my struggles.

Excerpts from A Lady of Reckless Abandon....

(pg 13) "A woman is not born a woman.  Nor does she become one when she marries a man, bears a child and does their dirty linen, not even when she joins a women's liberation movement.  A woman becomes a woman when she becomes what God wants her to be."

I feel very strongly that marriage is not a higher calling than the single state.  Happy indeed are those people, married or single, who have discovered that happiness is not found in marriage but in a right relationship with God.

"No one, not even the man that I will marry one day, can make me happy- only Jesus can."

The prayer of my heart is to be...
  • a lady of reckless abandonment- breaking my alabaster box at my Savior's feet
  • a lady of diligence- faithfully making the most of every opportunity
  • a lady of faith- believing that God will supply every need according to His perfect will
  • a lady of virtue- knowing that true character is what happens when no one is watching
  • a lady of devotion- following Jesus undistracted by the things of the world
  • a lady of purity- keeping my heart, mind, and body pure for the glory of my Savior
  • a lady of security (Psalm 84:11)- trusting that in God's perfect timing the desires of my heart will align with God's will without my manipulation and maneuvering
  • a lady of contentment (Phil 4:11-13)- waiting for I know in whatever circumstances I must be content for today
  • a lady of conviction (Psalm 73:25)- seeking daily to know Jesus on a more intimate basis
  • a lady of patience- relying on God to provide every detail of my life
I AM A LADY IN WAITING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment