Saturday, June 21, 2014

Tuning out the voices

Over the last month, I haven't done a whole lot of writing...working on my book has come to a stand still... blogging adventures has come to a halt...even papers for grad school have been put off.  The reason has more so been lack of time and no computer but it isn't for lack of inspiration.  There have been plenty of "voices" lately making comments... most well-meaning but some that leave me thinking "seriously, did you just say  that?". 

I am realizing I have no control over what people say...  but I do have control over my reaction. For way too long I have heard what opinions are said and thought "in order for that person to like/love me, I need to follow what they said".  Many things I took way too personally and would walk around for weeks with my head hung because I didn't meet someone's expectations.  Well I have come to the conclusion that life is too short to listen  to all the voices.

Ther is one voice I choose to listen too.... the voice of TRUTH... and TRUTH is a person...Jesus Christ.  God can use people to speak His truth but the enemy also uses people to discourage and tear down.  We need to  be able to discern the difference.  The only way of doing this is using God's word, the Bible as a filter.

So with allthat said... I will not be tied downto the voices of this world. I am free!

No comments:

Post a Comment