Sunday, June 8, 2014

Raising the bar

Throughout the years... I have been told that my standards for my future husband are rather high... but I have to say over the past few months...that bar has been raised.

Thanks to many experiences with men that God has put into my path, I have learned numerous lessons that will be beneficial in the future...

Some of the lessons I have learned recently...

+When a man is interested... He will pursue... it is up to me to respond but I don't have to initiate and force the relationship.  It is also nice to be pursued!

+Friendship is the key to a long lasting relationship and marriage.  I want someone to partner with on grand adventures... to go on road trips with... and to share life with.

+There are men that take marriage seriously... and enter it humbly on their knees before God.

+Even with all my quirks...I can be loved for me.  I don't have to be somethimg I am not or act a certain way to be loved.

+Communication is the key to any relationship.  Men can't read a woman's mind so it is ok to share what our needs are.  When done respectfully and in their time, men are more than happy to meet those needs.

+Men are good providers.

+A real man is not intimidated by a woman seeking to follow the LORD.  He is intrigued and will join her for the adventure!

Now I am sure you may be wondering if these characteristics are from one certain man in my life.. and my answer is no.  They are a compilation of several that I have had the privilege of getting to know recently.   With each of these men... the bar has been raised!

No comments:

Post a Comment