Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The first day of grad school

Ok... it is almost 9pm and I have been sitting here since 6pm researching information on social development.  I have finally gotten a dozen resources so I am going to take a break and fill everyone who cares in on how my first day of grad school went. 

A few answers to key questions...
Where am  I???  University of Hawaii- Manoa getting my Masters in Early Childhood Education


my single room
Where am I living???  For the first time ever I am dorming on campus.  Moved in yesterday to what will be my home for the next month.

I am having to share a bathroom/shower with the entire hall.  This has taken some getting used to as I am used to living by myself.  A very helpful piece of advice from a dear friend was to bring a robe and rubber slippahs for the shower.

 
where I will be spending a lot of time!
Communal kitchen-  Everyone on the floor shares a kitchen... not too bad because it is a rather large kitchen and it is summer.  I did find it funny when I went to the kitchen to make breakfast this morning, there was a girl with a bag of fresh fish and she was cleaning the fish at 7am in the kitchen sink.  To each his own, I guess! 

Went to Costco yesterday with Nicci and stocked up on the essentials... fruits, veggies, water, and beans.  Should be set for the summer.

the view from my window
Back to the day at hand....  there are 20+ people in this cohort... 19 ladies and 1 guy... at this point I am taking 2 classes... one runs from 9 til noon the other runs from 1 til 4pm every day for the next 3 weeks.  The final week is an elective ... it runs from 8-4 everyday.  This is a jam packed summer...the instructors warned us today not to plan on having a social life for the next month.  I am thrilled that I planned ahead and got all of my pre-reading done along with my discussion notes and 15+ reflection papers written. 

So with that said... I am going to finish reading the five articles for tomorrow and I am going to bed!




1 comment:

  1. Great view from your room! And your space looks cozy too! Intense to say the least! OX

    ReplyDelete