Sunday, June 26, 2011

Single and satisfied... at least most days!

Over the past 30+ years,  I have learned a great deal about singleness.  With all of the recent comments, I thought I would list out a few mythbusters for singles...

  • It is a gift.  We need to treasure each day and choose to be content for today as that is all God has called us to.
  • I did not choose career over marriage.  I will happily give up my career to be a wife and mother.  I really pray that when a man is interested he will ask rather than be intimidated by someone who works full time.
  • Every one has their own opinions of why I am still single...  It is not because I am too fat... or teach preschool... or want several children... or live on an island... or can be a bit animated.... It is because God is still preparing me and my future husband.
As a single woman, I want a man who loves Jesus more than me and who will love me for me.... idiosyncracies and all.  I am not looking for a game but someone to be a partner with in this adventure called life.  I am tired of listening to the lies of the world and really praying that  I will be the Proverbs 31 woman that God has called me to be... whether single or married.

No comments:

Post a Comment