Saturday, January 8, 2011

My heart is full... my body is tired

First things first-  As I sit here trying to put into words from an overflowing life of abundance, my eyelids are drooping and my mind is just not putting into words what my heart would like to express.

"Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you."  Matthew 6:33

God is the true giver of clarity, understanding, and wisdom.  He sees all, is in all, and over all and that is how He desires us to live our lives for Him.

Looking back over the past few days of the 2011 ACSI conference, my heart is overwhelmed by what God is doing through His people around the world, that are truly seeking His kingdom (not just on Sunday)!  Kingdom living is not just for Sunday but Monday through Saturday as well.  Kingdom living is not just for Bible class but for math, science, and history as well.  Doesn't all of history scream that we are in need of a Savior?  Our Savior, the God of the Universe, did write his-story (aka the Bible).  He is the first mathematician (Genesis 1), the greatest historian that has ever been, and he continues to be the greatest scientist and Doctor that ever lived. 

My eyes and heart have truly been opened to what God is doing daily, minute by minute.  For where God is, there I want to be.  Is He a priority like the air you breathe or is He put on a shelf until we "need" him?

Are we truly seeking Him first?  If so, are others seeing first things first?

No comments:

Post a Comment