Sunday, October 3, 2010

"I'm Running to your arms"

Most of my inspiration for blogs come from lyrics to songs... recently I heard Hillsongs newest song ..."Forever Reign".  It has a catchy worshipful tune but oh my... the lyrics are so powerful...

You are good, You are good
When there's nothing good in me
You are love, You are love
On display for all to see


You are light, You are light
When the darkness closes in
You are hope, You are hope
You have covered all my sin


You are peace, You are peace
Whom my fear in crippling
You are true, You are true
Ever in my wandering


You are joy, You are joy
You're the reason that I sing
You are life, You are life
In You death has lost its sting


Oh, I'm running to Your arms
I'm running to Your arms
The riches of Your love will always be enough
Nothing compares to Your embrace
Light of the World forever reign


You are more, You are more
Than my words will ever say
You are Lord, You are Lord
All creation will proclaim


You are here, You are here
In Your presence I'm made whole
You are God, You are God
Of all else I'm letting go


Hallelujah, forever
All the glory, forever
All the praise to you


My heart will sing
No other name
Jesus, Jesus

My heart is just overflowing in worship to my Lord and Savior.  It seems that about a week ago I was really struggling with some anxiety issues.  You know what I mean... the kind that wake you up at night...  things that I have really no control over but that the enemy wants to distract me with.  Anyway after two or three nights of only sleeping a couple of hours, I was emotionally about ready to lose it.  Even though each of those nights I was spending hours in the Word, in prayer, and in worship, I was still having anxiety.  By the end of the week I went to talk with Pastor Randy about what was going on and as we were talking I realized how much "I" was trying to do.  I can do nothing without Christ.  He is still good even when there is no good in me... He is peace even when I am struggling with anxiety and fear...He is truth even when the lies of the enemy are deceiving me.  After a few reminders and running into my Savior's open arms, sleep has been a glorious blessing.

I truly believe that if we never had trials we wouldn't see all of the daily blessings that the Lord so freely pours out on us.  Hallelujah that the King of kings loves us despite us!

No comments:

Post a Comment