Sunday, October 3, 2010

Catching up

Well I am officially on fall break and after a late afternoon nap... I am not tired and it is nearly midnight.  So I have decided to catch up on my neglected blog.  So much has been going on but time just hasn't allowed me to put my thoughts down... so here goes...

School:  First quarter of school ended Friday with a trip to Molokai's first pumpkin patch.  I am not sure who enjoyed it more the adults or the children but fun was had by all.  The largest pumpkin weighed in at over 200 pounds.


Hula:  One of the highlights of living in Hawaii is being able to learn hula and dance in worship before the Lord.  This is our halau before we danced at church last Sunday to "Who Am I".  We also had the pleasure of dancing today for the Beth Moore Simulcast.

Labor day:  Some friends and I went camping Labor Day weekend...
Great friends...
 God's beauty...

 Ono food!  (A Hawaiian Smore... graham, peanut butter, brownie, toasted (or burnt) marshmellow and chocolate)

 And what is camping with out some wildlife and a practical joke... Josh decided to put bread outside of Rachel and my tent.  This attracted the wild turkeys that woke us up at 7am on Monday morning. 

When I got home from camping, my neighbors were coming in from catching lobster... so they blessed me with this critter which was taken to school the next day for my little ones to check out and then he was boiled for lunch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment