Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Haiti: on the way out

As I sit here on the eve of heading back to Molokai, my heart is saddened.  There is such a need in Haiti and I could definitely see myself working with the children out here.  I am thankful that God made it very clear last year that I am to wait until I am married in order to adopt.  Otherwise it would be an incredible struggle to leave this place without a child.  On the other hand each child that I have held reminds me to pray for my future husband and our future children.

Oh Lord, my heart breaks for each of these children living in such poverty but oh how happy they are.  May you use me to minster to these little ones that are so close to your heart.  I pray that youare preparing a husband for me even now to love and care for children as much as you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment