Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Haiti: Empty Me

Empty Me... that is the prayer of my heart!  As I sit here with bags packed on my way back to Molokai from Haiti my heart cries out the words to the Jeremy Camp song...

"Holy fire burn away my desire for anything that is not of you and is of me.  I want more of you and less of me."

After spending a full week in Haiti, my heart is so overwhelmed with emotion.  This trip I have spent a lot of time with the children of Haiti.  Looking into their precious faces, I think of how much of the worldly treasures they don't have but yet their little faces radiate happiness.  Last year when I came to Haiti, I sponsored a little one that I had the privilege of meeting this year.  Ismy Love and his family of seven live in a rock hut that is 10 ft by about 12 feet.  When we got there Ismy and his siblings were playing while their mother was in Kenscoff for market day.  Five of our team members went with me on this home visit and they had a blast playing and taking pictures of the children.  Love breaks through language barriers!

No comments:

Post a Comment