Saturday, March 4, 2006

Out of the mouth of children come the most pro-founding statements!!! Being a preschool teacher I have the privilege of hearing a lot of these statements. One that I heard this week really made an impact on my heart. During Bible time with these little ones, we have been learning about the miracles of Jesus. To emphasize the lesson we have been teaching the kids this song…


Blind man stood by the road and he cried
Blind man stood by the road and he cried
Blind man stood by the road and he cried
He cried “whoa, whoa, whoa”
Show me the way, Show me the way, Show me the way, and the way to go home…

Woman stood by the well and she cried
Woman stood by the well and she cried
Woman stood by the well and she cried
She cried “whoa, whoa, whoa”
Show me the truth, Show me the truth, Show me the truth, and the way to go home…

Zaccheus sat in a tree and he cried
Zaccheus sat in a tree and he cried
Zaccheus sat in a tree and he cried
He cried “whoa, whoa, whoa”
Show me the life, Show me the life, Show me the life, and the way to go home…

Jesus hung on the cross and he died
Jesus hung on the cross and he died
Jesus hung on the cross and he died
He cried “whoa, whoa, whoa”
I am the way, I am the truth, I am the life and the way to go home!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While teaching a new song, we sing them all day long… at circle time, when we are dismissing them for snack and lunch, during outdoor play, etc. On Friday, we were singing this song while dismissing the kids for snack and one of the little boys went up to my teaching assistant and said “Did Aunty Angela just say that Jesus hung on the cross and he died? Why did he do that???” Perfect lead in to tell this little one why Jesus hung on the cross and he died. He did it to pay for our sins so that we don’t have to. This little one doesn’t come from a Christian home but from one where they are involved in the Bahai religion. What a testimony for him to go home singing this song to his parents. His mom has been asking a lot of questions about Christianity lately. Please pray that the Lord will continue to work on her heart.

I have had numerous parents, come back and tell me that their child is always singing about Jesus!!! Jesus said “let the little children come to me”. God calls us to come to him with child-like faith. I have been called to teach these precious little ones and through them their parents are being taught the truths of God’s word. On the other hand, it is extremely humbling for me to know that everything that comes out of my mouth and every action that I do, gets imitated to their moms, dads, aunties, and uncles.

God has been so faithful to provide in so many ways.

Praises
- Preschool has been blessed with our kitchen being completely remodeled!
- Pre-registration for next year’s preschool class is growing by leaps and bounds.
- Julie (my roommate) from last year is coming out for a visit.
- Candace (a dear friend) is moving back to Molokai after spending several months in Mexico with family.
- I have a teaching opportunity while I am visiting New Zealand.
Thanks for all of the thoughts, prayers, and support.
Much love and God’s blessings,
Angela Calhoun

No comments:

Post a Comment