Saturday, March 18, 2006

Craziness!!!

Aloha ahiahi!!!


Boy what a couple of weeks it has been… I had to say goodbye to another friend today that is headed back to the mainland. Jon Small, who went to Tahiti with me as co- leader of the senior trip last March, said farewell to Molokai today as he left after being out here 2 and a half years. I think I have said this before but I will repeat it. I am so glad there will be no more sad goodbyes in heaven. I have gone through way too many living on Molokai.

Even through the turnover, God has constantly put people in my life even if just for a short time. Lately, I have been hanging out with the guys, literally! Marcus, Nick, Al, Rob, Jon, and Joshua (and Jasmine) have become my group of friends. Thankfully I am blessed to have a few of my old friends back visiting at the moment.

God is so faithful to provide!!! I go from living by myself to having a house full of people in a matter of weeks. Julie and Aisha are back on island visiting and Candace has moved home to Molokai. Almost every evening this week, there has been something going on. With that said there has been very little time to sit down and type up a news/prayer letter.

We have a mission team from Alabama out here at the moment. Last night they did a youth rally and more than 8 people accepted Christ and 7 rededicated their lives to Christ. Tonight they did an island wide praise and worship service!!! Which included local style music, hula, praise songs, drama, hymns, and southern gospel music. Wow!! Oh, how I miss Southern Gospel music! Anyway, I skipped out after the service to prepare food for tomorrow’s pot-blessing and then I thought I would sit down and send out a quick email before I head to bed.

I am mainly writing to ask for prayer.

The last two weeks at school have definitely been a spiritual battle. We have a two-week break so pray that God is doing a mighty work in my heart, my assistant’s heart, and the heart’s of the preschoolers.

There is one child in particular that burdens me. His name is Vincent. He hears about Jesus everyday that he is in preschool. His family is in the Bahai church and they are moving back to Holland. I have been talking to the mom since November about spiritual matters. The child is so precious but not knowing what he is moving into brings me to my knees. Please pray for Vincent and his family.

I also have a little girl in my class with special needs. As the year has progressed I see more and more things that need to be addressed in her behavioral development.

Enrollment for next year- Please pray that God will send the children that He wants in preschool for next year. Out of the upcoming 24 spots available, 12 are tentatively filled.

Spring Break- Monday, a friend and I head to New Zealand for 10 days to serve where needed. Please pray that God will use us according to His perfect plan. I am excited to see what God is doing
*Feel free to email me while I am gone. I am not promising a response until I get back though!!
Hope all is going well for you in your corner of the world. Thank you so much for your prayers. If there is anything I can pray for, for you, let me know.

Much love and God’s blessings,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment