Saturday, September 1, 2001

Changes

During the past month, since the summer team has left, life on Molokai has changed for me. I went from being surrounded by people my own age with similar interests to a life where there are very few single females in their twenties. Through all of this God has truly shown his awesome power and bestowed blessing after blessing. Molokai is a place to see God's abundant blessings- from the rainbows to the crystal blue oceans. You can see God's beauty everywhere.


School started here on July 30th. It came as quite a surprise when I found out that I would be teaching 5th grader's all day long with one 6th grade class at the end of the day. Even though it surprised me, God knew about it way before I even took the position. He has given me a peace about this and has blessed me with the knowledge that I have needed to teach these hungry students. It is so awesome that He equips us for tasks that we could never imagine taking on by ourselves.

Learning is completely rely on God in everything that I do is the lesson that I am being taught. It could be unsettling to not know where your next paycheck is coming from but God has proved to me time after time that He will always provide. Life here on Molokai is much more simple than life on the mainland (no clothing stores, no McDonald's, and you have to fly off island to go to Wal-mart- imagine that!!!). In price comparison, things are a bit more pricey- a gallon of gas is $2.24 for regular unleaded and a gallon of milk is $6.50- just to name a couple of items.


My living expenses run about $450/month. If you feel so led to send support on a regular basis, please send the tax deductible donation to me at PO Box 9, Hoolehua, HI 96729 made out to Molokai Christian Academy.

Thank you for your thoughts, prayers, and support. May God bless you in everything that you do.


No comments:

Post a Comment