Friday, August 17, 2001

Car trouble

Just thought I would drop a short note and tell everybody that the Lord does work in awesome ways. Here is what happened today. Today is Admissions day in Hawaii- the day Hawaii sets aside for becoming a state. Anyway we got the day off from school, so Jenn (my roommate) and I set off for the beach. We were driving up to the west end of the island when our car blew a tire and threw pieces of rubber. (I wasn't kidding when I said this car was on its last tire :) !) Thank the Lord that I was able to pull the car off to the side of the road without hitting anything. The truck behind us pulled over to make sure we were okay. The lady offered her cell phone and I called one of the teachers at MCA. His wife said that Tom wasn't home but a guy that they have living in their basement who also teaches at the school was there. I spoke to Dan, told him the situation and where we were. He was on his way. While we were waiting, we had 7 people stop to offer assistance. The people of Molokai are so friendly. Dan got there and as soon as he pulled up, Tom was coming the opposite direction. He also stopped. Anyway to make a long story short, our spare tire would not hold air so we ran to the church to see if we could get a spare out of another car. We found one to put on until we could get it into town. Dan let us use his truck to go to the beach, so the day turned out to have a happy ending.

We have so much to be thankful for. Thank you for all of the prayers that are sent up with my name attached. I really appreciate them!






No comments:

Post a Comment