Sunday, March 25, 2012

Dream come true

Have you ever thought about what you would want to do if money and time wasn't an issue??? 

Recently this question was asked of me by a visitor to the island of Molokai.  As I stood there thinking about what I would dream to do... I realized I am living my dream.  Working and sharing the love of Jesus with little ones is my passion... I truly enjoy teaching big people how to work with little people... and I love to travel to encourage others that are serving the LORD throughout the world. 

I would have never dreamed that I would be serving in this current capacity on a Hawaiian island in the middle of paradise. I would have never dreamed of travelling all over the world... Australia, Europe, England, New Zealand, Korea, Tahiti, Haiti, Egypt.... encouraging other believers.  I would have never dreamed of teaching and directing an Early Childhood Program and absolutely loving it.

God gives us our dreams above and beyond what we could ask or imagine.  I spent many years telling God what  I wasn't going to do... not going to teach... not going to move far away... not going to work with middle school age kids... not going to wipe snotty noses for a living.  Thankfully God has a sense of humor and it has been a privilege to do the things I had set that I wasn't going to do. 

With all of that said,  there is no where else I would rather be than right in the midst of the story that God has written for me.  Yes, I fail and I fight but God uses me anyway.  Praise be to HIS great name.  I will truly follow whereever He calls!

No comments:

Post a Comment