Friday, December 17, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

Christmas is a week away and I can officially say I am ready.  Living on Molokai (and spending the holidays here) has so many simple treasures and sweet blessings...

  • This is a very close kint community even though I have no biological family to spend Christmas with-  God has blessed me with several hanai (adopted) families. 
  • This is one of the few places you can look at Christmas lights with your windows down and not freeze.  (And people here go all out with the lights and decorations!)
  • Because we have no serious shopping here, the commercial aspect of Christmas is not as big- the focus is more on Christ's birth.
  • I love the intergenerational aspect of the culture with my little ones singing Christmas carols with the kupuna.
  • Did I mention it is 80 degrees and my windows are open?  :)
  • Oh and while I am counting my blessings of all the things that make this season wonderful is receiving Christmas cards.  I so treasure receiving them as it makes me feel connected to the rest of the world as well as news and encouragment that you are doing well.
  • Last but not least is our dear Savior's birth-  Jesus came with one goal in mind- To be your savior!  The best gift of all.
  • Mele Kalikimaka!

No comments:

Post a Comment