Tuesday, February 2, 2010

"Runnin' in the Rain"


Over the past several months I have been watching some old must-see movies like Casablanca, Fiddler on the Roof, The King and I, and Singin' in the Rain.


Well this morning, I got up at 5am to jog down to the wharf. It was warm and still dark outside! I get down to the end of the wharf and it starts sprinkling (1.75miles from home). Turn around and start jogging home... I get halfway down the wharf and it is raining a little harder... by the time I went past Pizza Cafe, it was raining buckets.


I had no choice but to keep going. Normally on these mornings I spend my time praying about any concerns and things that the Lord has laid on my heart. On my way to the wharf that is what I did... on the way back I couldn't help but thinking of the movie "Singin in the Rain". I enjoyed playing and singing praises to God in the rain. By the time I got home, I was drenched but was filled with an overwhelming sense of joy.


When God allows rain in your life... Sing in the Rain!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment