Thursday, August 20, 2009

A relaxing evening

Ever have that moment when your body is so relaxed it doesn't feel connected... a perfect peace where there is not even a thought going through a normally chaotic brain???? Well for the past hour and a half, I have been in complete relaxation mode as I received a full body massage (including feet)!

For my 30th birthday, one of my friends and co-workers who went to massage school gave me an IOU for a massage. With a mix of emotion (apprehension, excitement, nervous, etc) we scheduled a date and time. As I am not a huge touchy, feely person, this was stepping outside of my comfort zone just a bit (especially the foot part as I normally don't like my feet messed with). After remembering my 100 things list and my goal to be daring and try some new things... I put on a new emotion and jumped in!

OK... now that the massage is pau and I am sitting here letting the rest of the oil soak into my skin, I have to say that it was SUPER AMAZING! I am truly blessed to have such a friend with amazing hands. And boy am I going to sleep well tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment