Friday, February 23, 2007

Nothing Else

February 23, 2007


As I was driving home tonight from our parenting class “Essentials in Discipline”, my heart was very heavy from all of the things going on at the moment. I was listening to Chris Tomlin’s CD “Restored” and this song came on.
Nothing Else I Need lyrics

When I think of all I've seen nothing
Compares to what you give
And to drink of what you bring you quench
The thirst for me to live
I am satisfied by what tenderness you've
Shown to me and I empty all that I am
And you fill my life you're everything to me
There's nothing else I need anymore
And I know you are everything to me and
There's nothing else I need anymore
I have tasted and I know this fire birthed
Inside will only grow and I've sought all that
This world tried to offer me and it lead me
To your feet and I empty all that I am
And you fill my life you're everything to me
There's nothing else I need anymore
And I know you are everything to me and
There's nothing else I need anymore
I will lay down all my needs and you will
Come and make them new
To make you my only desire my desire
And you fill my life you're everything to me
And you fill my life you're everything to me
There's nothing else I need anymore
And I know you are everything to me and
There's nothing else I need anymore...
There's nothing else I need...
The words of the song really touched my heart and got me thinking… Is there anything else in this life that I need more than what God has already given me? If I answered it truthfully, my answer would have to be “No, there is nothing else that I need except for more of God.” Of all of the things I have seen and done, nothing compares to the sacrifice Christ made for me.
Once I got my focus back in the right spot, things looked a lot brighter. It is not about me, and the things I have to do, but what God has done! So many times, I have my own agenda of things I think need to be done, but when I compare it to what God’s Word tells me to do, it doesn’t match up. Again it is a daily task to lay down all of my needs, knowing that God will make them new so that my desire matches up with His.
I especially like the line that says “I’ve sought all that this world tried to offer me and it lead me to Your feet and I empty all that I am”. I have tried to run my life by the world’s standards and you know what “IT’S JUNK!” The world keeps you longing for more- more money, more things to do, more friends, more drugs, more alcohol, more of everything except for the one thing that will truly never leave your nor forsake you. Just like the woman at the well, who wanted more of what the world had to offer but she wasn’t satisfied. Jesus gave her the living water so she would never thirst again!!! He is truly the only thing you will ever need! Is Jesus everything to you?
One of my co-workers mentioned to me that she had a book I might be interested in reading. Then she joked “in all my spare time”. That statement got me thinking, if something is a priority, you will have time for it. Think about it… if you really want to do something then you are going to find a way to do it, even if it means cutting a prior commitment. This convicted me because how many times do I say the bad “B” word (you know B-U-S-Y) when really I just don’t want to do it. So my new challenge is not to use the “B” word when I am asked to do something but to truly pray about it and see where the Lord leads. Most of the time it is pretty clear whether I am to do it or not. If I am to do it then it gets put in my planner and if not I can honestly say I am not able to do it and suggest an alternative idea.
Thanks for letting me share what the Lord has been teaching me. Sorry it has been so long since the last time I wrote. I appreciate your thoughts, prayers, notes, and emails.
Here are a few more things to lift up in prayer!
PRAYER REQUESTS

q HAITI- I am coordinating a group of seven church members to Haiti. We leave on March 20th to work with the Baptist Haiti Mission for 10 days. Please be praying for health and safety for the team and for passports to come in! Also be praying for the finances to be raised… we are still in need of about $9,000 and we leave in less than a month. If you would like to give, please email me back.

q PRESCHOOL- We had our annual preschool inspection yesterday. Praise that everything went smoothly. Please be praying for the family situations of my class. Between drugs, alcohol, and abuse…some of my kids have seen and heard more in their 3 or 4 years than most of us will ever experience.

q HEALTH- Working with 20 preschoolers, it is inevitable that I get sick at least a couple times a year. Please pray that this cough will go away. It came after the head cold and has lingered for two weeks. My doctor says nothing will make it go away but my God is the great physician.

Please email me back with any prayer requests you may have!

Much love and God’s blessings,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment