Sunday, May 28, 2006

Take time to relax

May 28th, 2006


I was just reading in an education magazine that teachers that take work home with them on a regular basis are more likely to end their career earlier than those teachers who leave their work at school. Now as I am ending my fifth year of teaching, I am realizing how important it is to leave work at school. Even with teaching preschool, I find myself going to school at 6:45am, getting home at 4:30pm, and working til 9 or 10 on paperwork. As I look back, this is craziness.

So I am taking the advise of the article- delegating more, stressing less over the little things, and taking back my weekends. Most Sundays you will find me in my classroom setting up for the following week. I am now preparing for Monday before I leave on Friday rather than Sunday.

Which brings me to the current moment... It is Sunday afternoon and I am sitting on the beach journaling and thinking about everything that has gone on over this school year. As I reflect, the one thing that sticks out most in my mind is how God has kept me on my knees before Him. There have been so many odd situations this year that I can only look up and say, "Thank you, Lord, for your faithfulness."

School is pau here on June 2nd. Preschool graduation is June 1st. Then the last day is water fun day. I will be working all of June- cleaning, setting up, registering children, interviewing parents, etc. My parents come out July 3rd through the 18th. The day they leave, I have preschool parent orientation. Then Thursday and Friday of that week are teacher workdays. School starts on July 24th (my birthday).

So far we have 17 children registered and I have 2 full time aides. Our goal is 24 children. Please be praying that God will bring in the children He wants. I am excited about the upcoming school year.

Thanks agian for all of you that are saving General Mills box tops and Campbell's labels. We have been able to get some much needed outdoor equipment this year. Keep them coming!!!

Hope all is well with you! I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Much love and God's blessings,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment