Wednesday, November 9, 2005

Small Sacrifice

November 9, 2005
Aloha family and friends-
As I sit here tonight reflecting back over the past few weeks, my heart is overwhelmed by everything that has been going on. I have heard it said that you can’t appreciate the mountain tops without the valleys. Well I have to say, I have been in the valley for the past two weeks and the mountains are looming overhead. By God’s grace, the trek up the mountain has begun with my small sacrifice. I am humbled by the fact that God uses me even in my weakest moments!
I think back to the story of Abraham, when God told him to sacrifice his only son Isaac. Abraham had faith that God would live up to his promise (which was that Abraham would be the father of many nations and his descendants would be as numerous as the stars). And God did provide a ram to sacrifice rather than Isaac.
I desire to be a living sacrifice for God but the problem with a living sacrifice is that they crawl off of the altar!!!

Without going into a lot of detail about what has been going on in my life, I thought I would share the Song- “Lifesong” by Casting Crowns.

Empty hands held high,
Such small sacrifice,
Not joined with my life
I sing in vain tonight
May the words I say
And the things I do
Make my Lifesong sing
Bring a smile to you

Chorus:
Let my Lifesong sing to you
Let my Lifesong sing to you
I wanna sign your name to the end of this day knowing that my heart was true
Let my Lifesong sing to you
Lord I give my life
Living sacrifice
To reach a world in need
To be your hands and feet
So may the words I sing
And the things I do
Make my Lifesong sing
Bring a smile to you

Chorus

Bridge:
Hallelujah, hallelujah
Let my Lifesong sing to you
Hallelujah, hallelujah
Let my Lifesong sing to you

Chorus
Let my Lifesong sing to you ( Let my Lifesong sing)
Let my Lifesong sing to you (Jesus let my Lifesong sing)
I wanna sign (sign your name) your name to the end of this day (end of this day) knowing that my heart was true
Let my Lifesong sing to you.
Please let these words be an encouragement to you as they have been to me. It is not about us- it is all about God!!!

Prayer Request
School- This is both a praise and prayer request. The numbers of children in preschool are growing almost on a weekly basis (praise) but I am in dire need of help in preschool. At the moment I have a part time aide that works from 8:30 – 12:30. That leaves me by myself with children from 6:45 – 8:30 and 12:30 – 4. My preschool aide is moving back to Samoa in December and I am looking to hire a full time assistant as of January.
Strength and Health- Obviously with taking care of children from 6:45 – 4 everyday and all of the responsibilities of being director, my health has been affected. Please pray that the Lord will provide me some much needed rest, someone to sub if needed, and just overall health.
Friends- I can now kind of empathize with moms with small children. My conversations consist of “Do you have to go shi-shi? and “Use your words”. I need adult conversation after being with 3 and 4 year olds all day!!! The problem is most of the people that are my age have moved off island to other ministries. Please pray that God will provide.
As Thanksgiving and the holiday season are around the corner, I am thankful that the Lord has put you in my life and that He is faithful to provide when we put our faith and trust in Him!
Mahalo for your prayers!!! If there is anything that I can pray for, for you please email me or give me a call (808-553-8124).
Much love and God’s blessings,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment