Saturday, August 20, 2005

Happily Single

Written Friday, August 19, 2005
Sent Saturday, August 20, 2005
Today has been a good day, not how I had planned it, but good none the less. Today is Admission’s day in Hawaii. We are the only state (to the best of my knowledge) that gets a day off for becoming a state- hence Admissions Day. Anyway, my plans for today were to take the 5:30am boat over to Maui, spend the day relaxing, and come back on the 6:00pm boat.

Things around here have been a bit crazy with keeping the Manley’s five children for the 10 days Randy and Louise were gone and teaching preschool from 7 to 4 everyday. I definitely give credit to all moms (and dads) especially those that work all day and have a family to care for. Back to my plans for the day- because of my tiredness, I didn’t listen to my 4:30 wake up alarm so consequently I didn’t make the 5:30 boat and ended up sleeping till 8 am. (And it felt wonderful to sleep in!!!) So the plans I had did not take place but the Lord had other plans. I enjoyed a relaxing morning at home- balanced my checkbook, started a load of laundry, cleaned out my refrigerator, unpacked from being up at the Manley’s, got dressed to go to town, had breakfast, mailed a couple of packages, went to the hardware store, went grocery shopping, came home, put together four casseroles for the next couple of weeks for dinners, hung up laundry and started another load, mounted several pictures on the walls of my house, watered my yard, reseeded my yard, fertilized my yard, came in, cleaned up, and worked on my scrapbook until now.
As I was getting ready for bed, the Lord laid on my heart the questions, “Are you satisfied being single?”. With all the books out there on this topic, I know it is on a lot of minds. After looking back on my day and even the past few weeks, I have to say, “Yes, Lord, I am satisfied being single.” The only reason I bring this up is because that is not always my answer. Most days my answer would be, “No, I am not satisfied being single, I desire to be married.” The Lord used the events of the day to show me the joys of being single- I can get up late if I want. I am more flexible if plans change. I can spend endless hours doing things I enjoy like spending time with God, cooking, or scrapbooking. Now please don’t get me wrong, I still desire to one day get married and have a family of my own but the Lord showed me today that I need to enjoy every day he has me single. So yes, until the Lord’s appointed time for me to get married, I am happily single and satisfied with what the Lord is doing in my life. Are you happily satisfied with where the Lord has you for right now? Or are you complaining because things aren’t going the way you want them to? Rejoice is the Lord always, and again I say rejoice!!! Choose joy!!! Ask the Lord to give you His joy in each situation you face. If you need prayer, call me or email me.
And for those of you that have heard from two little birdie friends of mine traveling around the U.S. that I am getting married, I will let you know when I find out!! Thanks Candace and Julie for keeping us all laughing!!
Have a great weekend!!!
Much love and God’s Blessings,
Angela Calhoun

No comments:

Post a Comment